Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Teriyaki Sesame Salmon with Spicy Peanut Green Bean Salad

Occasionally I crave Asian style cuisine and my first intuition is to hit up the nearest Panda Express or a local Chines restaurant! But to be quite frank, I can't stand the way I feel after I eat at places like that. They pack their food with MSG and preservative that make my stomach turn. So I decided to create a recipe that would satisfy my craving for Asian food and at the same time be a healthy and nutritious meal.

Start with four Salmon fillets skin on. I used wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. Turn your oven on Bake at 350 degrees.  Prepare a baking dish lined with tinfoil and extra to cover it before you put it in the oven.

You can sprinkle the salmon with your favorite dry seasonings for salmon or fish, but I use Tony Chacheres. Yes, I know thats cajun seasoning, but it is fantastic on fish and gives it a little kick! Then put your salmon in the dish and poor about 1/3 cup of your favorite Gluten Free Terriyaki over the top. Then drizzle about 2 Tbs. of Sesame oil over the top and sprinkle sesame seeds as well. It is actually better if you can let these marinate for an hour or so. Then close the top of the tin foil so all the moisture will stay in and pop it in the oven for 35 minutes. I usually open the tin foil for the last 10 minutes of bake time.

While that is baking I get my ingredients ready for my Spicy Peanut Green Been Salad.

12 oz Green Beans
1 Cup Shredded Carrots
1/3 Cup of Peanuts or slivered Almonds
1 Tbs Olive oil
3Tbs Teriyaki Sauce (gluten free)
1 Tbs Soy sauce (gluten Free)
2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste



Saute the green beans and carrots in the olive oil, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce for 10 minutes. In the last few minutes add in either your peanuts or slivered almonds, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Then serve along side the salmon! This recipe is so fresh and so yummy and such a healthy alternative!
Enjoy!
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment