Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chunky Olive Hummus

This is my "go to" healthy snack. Hummus is so tasty and super healthy if you eat it with your favorite veggies! I make a batch at the beginning of the week when I do my food prep and then when I need a quick snack I have it all ready to eat! Trader joes also makes a great chunky olive hummus, but if you feel like making it yourself this is the recipe I use! 
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed
  • Juice of one lemon
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1 cup pitted Queen Spanish Olives (or any brand of large green olives)
  • 1 cup black olives
Add the garlic to the food processor. Pulse until the garlic is finely chopped. Next, add your garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Process until all ingredients are blended and smooth. The final step is to add your olives, and pulse for only one to two seconds at a time to make sure the olives stay chunky. Taste the hummus and adjust flavoring with salt & pepper to taste. 
Serve with your favorite veggies!

-Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, it was a bit thick. I will add a little water perhaps to thin it out!

    ReplyDelete