Monday, November 11, 2013

Coconut Curried Sausage and Lentils (Crockpot)



  • I LOVE crockpot meals and I LOVE curry! So this meal was a perfect mix! Its so nice to come home to a meal that is ready to eat! Last week was a super busy week for me and one of the keys to successfully eating healthy meals is to be prepared! This recipe is so simple! Literally you chop up your ingredients and put them in the crockpot and you are good to go! Now for my Paleo friends... yes I know this is not perfect Paleo, but you can take out the Lentils and potatoes if you prefer. 
    • Ingredients:
    • 6-8 pork sausages 
    • 1 tbsp oil
    • onions
    • 1 cup carrots
    • 1/2 cup celery
    • 1/2 cup mushrooms
    • potatoes (diced)
    • 1 cup lentils
    • garlic cloves
    • 1 tbsp ginger
    • 1 tbsp curry powder
    • 3 tbsps tomato paste
    • 1 1/2 cup chicken stock 
    • 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
    • salt
    • pepper
    • coriander (fresh, garnish)
  • Here is one little tip if you don't know already! Go buy crockpot bags! They are the best and make clean up so easy! I started by putting my bag in the crockpot  and taking the casings off of the sausages. Turn the crockpot on to high and put sausages in. I cut mine into pieces before I put them in.
     
  • Then chop the rest of your veggies and drop them into the pot as well. 




  • I then added 1 cup of lentils and then the curry, ginger, tomato paste, and minced garlic. 





  • Follow that by adding in your coconut milk and chicken broth. If you don't have broth you can also use water.
  • Give it a few stirs and then put on the lid and let it cook for 6-7 hrs. When you are ready to eat just salt and pepper to taste and garnish with whatever sounds good! you can serve this over rice or quinoa!

  •  
  • My husband loved this recipe! It is packed full of flavor and tons of veggies for an easy nutritious meal! I hope you will give it a try... enjoy!
  • -Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment