Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chipotle Cauliflower Soup



There is seriously nothing better then hot soup on a cold fall night and I have been deliberating between making two of my favorite soups, Chipotle Corn Chowder and Cauliflower Soup. So I decided, hey why not combine my two favorite recipes together! Get ready for it yall! It is beyond delicious! Chipotle Cauliflower Soup! Here is what you need.

Ingredients:

5 strips of Applewood Smoked Bacon
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 Cup chopped carrot
1 Cup chopped celery
1 head of cauliflower (chopped)
1 small can of diced Chilis
2 Chipotle peppers with Adobo Sauce
2 Cups Chicken Stock
4 Cups Coconut Milk (sub regular milk if you prefer)

First thing I did was spray the bottom of my dutch oven put with a little olive oil and chop the bacon into pieces and drop them in. I like using the applewood smoked bacon, because it adds to the smoky flavor of the soup.


While the bacons is cooking chop your onion, carrots, and celery and toss them in the pot.



Then chop up the head the cauliflower and toss it in as well.




Give it a few stirs. Then you will want to add in your 1 can of chilies.



Next add the Adobo peppers with two table spoons of the adobo sauce from the can. I usually just take two peppers out of the can and chop them up finely. The peppers are pretty spicy so you can either add just one pepper or even just add the two tablespoons of adobo sauce by itself. You cannot skip this step! This absolutely MAKES this recipe! It gives it the yummy smoky chipotle flavor! 





Stir it a few more times and then let everything sauté for about 10 minutes. Then add in your 2 cups of chicken broth and 4 cups of coconut milk (or regular milk if you prefer).


Put the lid on your pot and let it simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want to make sure that the cauliflower is very tender when you get ready to use your hand blender.


Blend it until you get the thickness and texture that you like. I blended mine really well.


 Then salt and pepper to taste. You can add any of your favorite seasonings or hot sauce if you like! I added a bit of my favorite Cajun seasoning, Tony Chachere's and Louisiana hot sauce. Then get ready to dig into this super smoky and spicy delicious soup! It has such a kick and I love love love it! I think you are going to love it too so give it a try!!

Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment