Friday, November 15, 2013

Kung Pow Chicken



I  am always looking for meals that I can cook under 30 minutes for those days when I am in a hurry which quite frankly is MOST of the time. So one thing I always keep on hand for days when I need quick meals is frozen cooked chicken breast strips. Trader joes sells some that are barbecued and it is great! I use it often to put on top of salads, but a few days ago I decided to make Kung Pow Chicken with it. Yum!

I started by putting the frozen chicken breast strips in the pan on medium heat to start cooking. While that was cooking I chopped I large onion and a bellpepper. Throw the veggies in and sauté for 5 minutes.
 
Then I added 1 tablespoon of chipotle paste (adobo sauce) for a bit heat! 


Then I added 2 tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce. 


Then 2 teaspoon of sesame oil. 


Then for a little bit if sweet I add 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup. 


Then add 1/3 cup of peanuts!



Then I season all of it with about 1 tablespoon of cumin and then salt and pepper to taste. 

 
Then sauté for a few more minute and you will have delicious Kung Pow Chicken!! Serve over brown rice or quinoa if you like!!

-Rachel 


No comments:

Post a Comment