Thursday, January 2, 2014

Paleo Spinach Sauce

This Paleo Spinach Sauce is Freaking Amazing!!  My husband wanted to eat it like soup. He turned his nose up when he first looked at it but I made him try it. Rachel & I decided that it's full of flavor and it's one of those things that as it sits in your mouth you taste even more flavors.  I know it's not pretty... But please trust me when I say it's Fabulous!!  Have I lied to you yet?  I didn't think so.  I've been using this sauce on top of Veggies, on Chicken and just yesterday as a pizza sauce. I'm in love and it's super easy to make.  So here's your recipe peeps...

Ingredients
1 Bag Of Spinach
1 Yellow Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Coconut Cream
1 Tsp Tumeric
1 Tsp Coriander
1/3 Tsp Red Pepper
1 & 1/2 Tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
1/2 Cup of Broth (or less)
Salt at the end to taste

In a skillet add your Olive oil, Garlic & Onion.  Cook down on medium heat until cooked down. It's going to be blended but you want it soft. 

Next your going to steam your bag of spinach while your onions & garlic are cooking. About 5 minutes. 



Once it's cooked set aside to cool off.



Add your cooked Onion, Garlic and Spinach to your blender. Your going to then add the Coconut Cream, Coriander, Tumeric, fresh grated ginger and red pepper. Now add a small amount of vegetable broth to the blender and start to blend. Add the broth to get a smooth consistency. You want it thick not runny so you may not end up using the whole 1/2 cup. Once everything is blended add Sea Salt to taste. Don't forget this because it really helps bring out the flavors. You'll see what I mean when your tasting it. I usually put mine aside or in the fridge for a few hours to let all the flavors blend. It seems to get Better as it sits. I think if you give this sketchy looking green sauce a try you will really LOVE it like I do!
Enjoy!
Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment