Thursday, January 9, 2014

Paleo Mint Sauce for Lamb

Paleo Mint Sauce

This sauce is so fresh and just went so well with the Rack of Lamb my husband BBQ'd.  We both love Lamb Pops (rack of lamb) a name given to these little pops from my friend Stu.  Now I don't do any BBQing. That's Brads domain and I wouldn't even know where to start because he bbq's with actual wood fire not a gas grill.  But I can give you one piece of advice if you want to try these lamb pops with mint sauce and it is this. Buy New Zealand lamb. It's REALLY that much better!! My friend Stu who is from New Zealand told me the lamb from there is so much better because it doesn't have that gamey taste because the lamb is grass fed there.   He's not just being partial to his homeland.  He's right. After eating New Zealand lamb I can totally taste the difference. I buy mine from Trader Joes, but I've seen it at Costco and even Von's. It will say on the packaging "New Zealand" lamb.  And if you see it buy it!!!  This is a favorite at my house. Lamb pops were even served as a appetizer at my wedding.  Yep!!  It's that good!  And this fresh Mint Sauce just took it to the next level. So here's your recipe. It's super simple! 

Mint Sauce
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Apple Cider
5 sprigs fresh mint just the leaves no stem. 
1 small shallot 
1 garlic clove 
1 Tsp Coconut sugar 
Sea salt at the end to taste. 



Take all ingredients and blend completely in food processor or blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Stir well and drizzle over your lamb pops!


Enjoy!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment