Sunday, January 19, 2014

Paleo Beef and Vegetable Stew



Paleo Beef Stew

This is a staple meal at my house. I like to have one recipe preferably a crockpot meal that I can make at the beginning of the week that will leave me with leftovers. This is important because I need to have something already prepared for lunch for the week and also I have a back up in case one of my new recipes doesn't turn out quite as well as I would have liked. This way I have a definite meal in the fridge that just needs to be warmed up. And this stew is one of the best because it's so easy and really yummy. And it gets better as it sits. I literally add anything I have in my fridge to this stew. Also I buy my meat already cut up so that it makes my life that much easier.  It has never let me down. No joke. That good!!  So here is your basics you need and feel free to add anything that makes you happy. 

Ingredients
- 1lb Cubed Beef Steak
- 1 can stewed Tomatoes
- Carrots
- Celery
- Chopped Garlic
- Yellow onion
-  Sweet Potatoe 
- Zucchini 
- Garlic Sea Salt
- Red Chilli Pepper flakes
-1/2 can water



Now I'm not kidding when I say this. Put your meat and can of stewed tomatoes in the crock pot, and then just add as much or as little of the other ingredients as you like. 


If you don't fancy onion.. Leave it out. If you prefer all carrots no celery, well whatever floats your boat. I have to say though the more you add the better it gets. After you've added your veggies to the brim add a half a can of water. Season with the Garlic/ Sea Salt & about a teaspoon of Red Chilli Pepper flakes. Turn on crock pot to low and cook ALL day. Or turn it to high for half a day. Now a warning. Because we are using sweet potatoes instead of russet potatoes the sweet Potatoe turns mushy. This is OK!!  It's not going to be the prettiest stew you ever ate. But it's going to be super delicious!! I actually let mine go until everything is super soft because I like it to get real mushy. If mushy doesn't sit right with you then turn it off when your carrots are still harder. Pretty much what I'm saying is you can't screw this one up!!  It won't dissapoint!!

Enjoy!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment