Monday, January 5, 2015

Primal Shake N Bake Chicken



Because I don't know what to call this haha and Shake N Bake was the only breaded type Chicken I could think of ;)
So here you have it a primal version of Shake N Bake Chicken that we have my friend Janae to thank for. We went to her and Josh's house for dinner and she made this dish in it's original version for everyone which included flour. But being the good friend she is, she thought of me and made a gluten free version using almond meal. So I decided to replicate it because it was really good.  Now if you want to get down to the nitty gritty it is not technically Paleo it's Primal as it contains Parmesan cheese, so if you have problems with this swap out the Parmesan and use goats milk cheese and everyone can be happy. Unfortunately I did not take pictures as I wasn't planning on blogging this one but I realized after I ate it I just had to share this with you. Such a health way to switch up chicken that gets so boring! So here's what I used...

4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup Almond Meal
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Your fav seasonings
2 eggs
Olive oil 
Lemon

Mix together the almond meal and Parmesan cheese and your seasonings. I used on that has garlic, onion powder, red pepper, sea salt.  Just make sure if you used pre packaged seasonings they are gluten free!  Add mixture to paper plate.  Preheat over to 350

Now whisk together your 2 eggs in a bowl big enough to put the chicken in. 
Now cover chicken in the egg then transfer into almond meal mixture and cover both sides. Set aside.  

In a skillet on the stove heat up Tbsp of Olive Oil on med-high heat. Cook chicken just until browned on both sides. Then place in a baking dish. 

Now slice the Lemon and put a piece on top of each chicken breast and put in oven. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes or until cooked all the way through. May take a little longer.  Now when you pull the chicken out use a fork and squeeze down on that piece of lemon and the leftover juice will run over chicken. 

Now serve with veggies/ salad/ sweet potatoes or whatever you like!  You got a healthy version of breaded chicken that is super yummy!  
Enjoy!
Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment