Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Honey Walnut Scallops

Our friends took my husband and I out to dinner about a month ago and I had scallops for dinner. They were so good that I seriously haven't stopped thinking about them. So I decided I would just make them myself.  I've been seeing recipes on the Internet for honey walnut shrimp which my husband and I both love.  So I revamped this recipe so I could eat the yummy scallops guilt free!! This recipe has so many great things About it that I can't hardly wait to make it again.  For example, it literally took me 8 minutes to make this dinner!! Seriously how can you beat that! Or how about you only need 5 ingredients for this entire recipe! Or that it is absolutely delicious and divine and will melt In your mouth leaving you wanting more. Yep! It is fantastic and I LOVED it! Ok.  So enough of my rambling. Here is the deal. If you don't like scallops you can always make this with shrimp. You could also do shrimp and scallops together! You could also double the sauce recipe so that you can pour extra sauce over any vegetable, quinoa, or brown rice if you want to add to your plate!! Yum!!!! Now go make this recipe!!! 






For sauce: 

3 Tbl. Butter (ghee)
3 Tbl. Honey
3/4 Cup Coconut Cream
1/2 Walnut Pieces 
Salt & pepper 

Melt butter and coconut cream then wisk in honey. 



Salt and pepper and then add in walnut pieces. 


Keep warm while you pan sear your scallops. Easy right!!!?

Scallops: 

1 lb scallops 
3 Tbl butter or (ghee)
Salt & pepper


Add the butter to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat. Salt and pepper the scallops. Once the butter is hot gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. 


Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center. 

 
Serve immediately.  Pour you honey walnut sauce over the pan seared scallops and then indulge!! Serve over quinoa or brown rice or with a side of veggies. 

Enjoy- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment